Assignments - Now 'til break
Reading: "The Tempest" (scripts available 12/01)
Lighting Design for "The Tempest" (block 5 focused on Acts I & II, block 7 on III, IV, V)
- Scene breakdown due Dec 9
- stage map with instrument options due Dec 13
Memorized piece, in preparation for Tempest auditions, Jan 3 & 4
- ANY Shakespeare monologue - duration 1 1/2 minutes, ideal
- In Class Performance (twice required) week of Dec 12
- AUDITIONS for "The Tempest"
Prep for Regional Acting Competition
- category Auditions (if needed) Jan 12
- All Intro students, whether they intend to ACTUALLY compete or not, need to prepare at least ONE competition pieces (solo, duo, group, mime, musical) and perform in class on or before Jan 12.
As above, plus SECOND competition piece for Regionals.
Set/Production Design for "The Tempest" (rather than lighting)
- Ariel flight rigging
- Sound FX
- Prospero's Cell and the Island
Preliminary sketches, ideas, notes due Dec 9 (share set thoughts to Intro Classes who have lighting projects)Detailed preproduction work before winter break