Tempest Auditions - specific expectations
First - Roles Available:
- Males - Prospero (major), Caliban (major, stunts), Antonio, Sebastian, Ferdinand, Alonso
- Females - Ariel (major, sings, stunts), Miranda, Ceres (minor, sings), Iris (minor, sings), Juno (minor, sings)
- Either - Stephano (sings, stunts), Trinculo (sings, stunts), Adrian (minor, poss stunts), Francisco (minor, poss stunts), Boatswain (minor, stunts), Mariners (non-speaking, stunts), Airy Spirits (non-speaking, stunts)
Second - Preparation:
- Monologue - show me you can speak and ACT Shakespeare with something from the Bard or the period - 1 minute minimum, 2 minute maximum. Memorized - not like some read parts from Fall Auditions.
- Movement - if you are auditioning for a part that includes 'stunts', we'd like to see you move - something acrobatic, gymnastic, or dance. If you don't have something prepared, we will give you something - expect to remain an extra 15 to 20 minutes to get it ready and show us.
- Singing - if you are auditioning for a part that 'sings', we need to know you can carry a tune, or at least tackle a melody with confidence (several of the singers needn't be tuneful)
Third - Availability
- This show will rehearse early evenings (6pm to 8pm, usually) with some stunt rehearsals earlier in the day (4pm to 6pm). If you are cast as a player with stunt demands, you may be needed for 4 hours on some nights. Do not presume that your juggled work schedule and other commitments will be accomodated by rehearsal times.
- For the purposes of safety, ALL persons cast in stunt demand roles will be expected at every related stunt rehearsal - for Ariel, this will be particularly demanding. Please speak with me if you have questions.